To get a better performance some athletes and students appeal to the use of Stimulants. Moreover, they are used recreationally.
Stimulants function by acting on the central nervous system to increase alertness and cognitive function. Excitants can be illegal drugs like Cocaine or medically approved. This substance is either infused by injection, inhaled or taken through the mouth.
It is highly recommended that you take action and do something about your addiction now! Get the help you need to defeat the addiction now call 0800 772 3971.
Prescription Stimulants Brands And Names
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), narcolepsy and sometimes obesity are treated with the assistance of prescription Stimulants. Amphetamines and methylphenidates are the popular Stimulants. Effects of abusing these Stimulants are particularly similar; however, there is a molecular distinction between amphetamines (such as Adderall) and methylphenidates (such as Ritalin). According to the necessary lasting and power in each patient, the amphetamines and methylphenidates are ordered by doctors.
Some of the most well-known prescription Stimulants include
- The latest common therapy medicine and the mostly recommended amphetamine in America is the 1960 authorized Adderall.
- Dexedrine is applied for ADHD treatment, it was legalized in 1976 in the market by the US.
- These drugs are popularly used by the US.
- Pilots were aided to keep themselves awake in the air force throughout the World War II and through Gulf war.
- Ritalin - has been used since 1955 for treating hyperactive children.
- This drug is a Methylphenidate which is why it differs from Adderall and Dexedrine.
- Although Methylphenidates have the similar Stimulants effects as Amphetamines, they have a different molecular structure.
- Concerta - Concerta approved in 2000, is a relatively new drug used to treat ADHD.
- It is a methylphenidate like Ritalin, but differs in strength and duration of effects.
- Desoxyn - a medically recommended methamphetamine and Desoxyn.
- It was the earliest remedy pill for obesity, which was introduced in 1947.
- ADHD are also among the disorders it treats.
- Ephedrine - for asthma patients, Ephedrine is generally applied to repress the urge to feed and medicament; it produces the same symptom as other excitants.
- It's used regularly as a vital element in secret meth labs which is usually present on the counter.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Effects Of Abusing Stimulants
Classified as Schedule II drugs, these are highly regulated due to their potency for addiction while being used as treatment drugs. Each month, prescription Stimulants are misused by 0.9 million people in the U.S.
Below are some immediate effects of Stimulants to the body
- Intense joy or euphoria
- Loss of urge to eat
- Increased stamina
To boost energy and effectiveness, a lot of individuals overuse medicated Stimulants instead of getting stimulated by other substance. For many years, learners and sports people have been known to use these Stimulants to gain a competitive edge.
The chemical that makes the pleasure sensation in the brain is dopamine, and it produces a lot thanks to Stimulants. The brain can no longer make normal amounts of dopamine on its own, after persistent use of Stimulants. Stimulants addiction is caused as a result of high demand for dopamine, which always grows to a high obsession level with time.
Stimulants That Are Illicit
Cocaine in its various forms and methamphetamine are also Stimulants. These illicit derivatives create similar effects as the prescription drugs.